Dear Westside members,
With all sincerity, there is nothing more important to us than keeping everyone in our club safe, whether member, guest or part of the team. This was true before corona and is absolutely true now.
We’ve reviewed and updated our health and safety standards with guidance from UK Active, the UK Government and with the safety of our team and community in mind.
Below are just some of the ways we’ll be working from now on to ensure every visit to Westside is enjoyed safely. We will constantly be reviewing guidance on capacity and processes and will post the latest updates on this page.
AHEAD OF YOUR VISIT
- If you have any symptoms which could be related to coronavirus ahead of your visit, you must stay at home and follow the government guidance. If in any doubt please check the guidance.
- We will not be accepting cash as payment (unless absolutely essential) and we’ll be encouraging contactless payments.
- Please arrive ready in your kit to work out. Lockers are now available to use for personal belongings, but the showers, sauna and steam room remain not in use for the time being.
- It’s really important that we all keep a safe distance at all times – including in classes. Please do follow signs, markings, and any guidance from our team, especially in tighter areas such as entrances, exits, and W.C.s.
WE’RE GOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We have temporarily restricted the gym opening hours to ensure that we keep team and members safe. This means that we can also increase the level of cleaning and can run a full deep clean while the gym is shut. The opening hours, for now, are 6:30am-8pm on weekdays and 8am-1pm on weekends.
- We’ll be temperature checking all team and members on arrival to ensure your safety.
- We’ll be cleaning and disinfecting our clubs more than ever with an enhanced two-stage cleaning process, using new Antiviral Disinfectant which is effective against Coronavirus COVID-19 to sanitise all gym equipment and will be cleaning the entire club overnight.
- We have a plastic shield at our reception desk to ensure minimal contact when you check in.
- We’ll be supplying individual spray bottles to each member on arrival, so members can clean down equipment before and after use.
- There will be multiple hand sanitising stations available throughout the club for members to use.
- Doors and windows will be fixed open where feasible and safe to ensure free flow of clean air throughout the building.
WE’RE CHANGING HOW OUR CLASSES WORK
- As you may expect, we’re reducing the number of people in our classes, and placing markers on the floor to help our members maintain a safe distance.
- We are operating at a revised class timetable, ensuring we adhere to our updated health & safety measures and to ease any possible congestion in our studios. We are working towards a progressive expansion of classes, so please do keep checking our website, or contact us to check which classes are on each day.
- An increase in time between classes will ensure our studios are thoroughly cleaned – with extra attention paid to touchable surfaces, weights, props and bikes.
- We ask that you arrive no more than 15 minutes and no fewer than 5 minutes before your class begins.
- If you’re booked on to a class that requires a mat (such as yoga or pilates) please bring your own with you if you have one.
- We will have an extensive supply of top-grade sanitising wipes and solutions available inside and outside the studios
LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER – WE NEED YOUR HELP
To make this work, we need to work together. Here’s how you can help:
- If you feel sick or experience Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t come to the club.
- Arrive dressed and ready to workout.
- Use our hand sanitising stations when you enter a new area (and again when you leave).
- Use our sanitising materials to clean your equipment before and after you use them, disposable paper towels will be available for your use.
- Don’t share equipment, and don’t move weights or benches to other parts of the club.
- Shower at home after you work out.
- Don’t bring a personal sweat towel to the gym, there will be plenty of paper towels available to use.
- Bring a full water bottle. Our water fountains will be available to only fill bottles, not for face-to-tap drinking.
- We’re cashless, (but will accept cash if absolutely necessary) so bring a debit or credit card if you’d like to buy something.
- It’s unlikely the club will become full. But if it does, we might need you to wait before you enter the gym floor (and stick to safe distancing guidelines).
- We’re making sure everyone is well before they come to work, with comprehensive health checks before the start of every shift.
- All of our team members are trained on safe distancing and enhanced hygiene procedures.
- PPE is always available for all team members (and members – should you wish to use it), and we are asking all team to wear masks, gloves and aprons while cleaning.