Dear Westside members,
With all sincerity, there is nothing more important to us than keeping everyone in our club safe, whether member, guest or part of the team. This was true before corona and is absolutely true now.
We’ve reviewed and updated our health and safety standards with guidance from UK Active, the UK Government and with the safety of our team and community in mind.
Below are just some of the ways we’ll be working from now on to ensure every visit to Westside is enjoyed safely. We will constantly be reviewing guidance on capacity and processes and will post the latest updates on this page.
AHEAD OF YOUR VISIT
- If you have any symptoms which could be related to coronavirus ahead of your visit, you must stay at home and follow the government guidance. If in any doubt please check the guidance.
- As part of our measures to keep everyone safe during the time of coronavirus, you will now be able to reserve a one-hour gym slot between 8am-8pm on weekdays and 9am-1pm on weekends. Walk-ins are also welcome, but booking is recommended. Please do call or email us to book a space.
- We’ll communicate safety information in advance of your visit via phone, email and also on this page.
- We will not be accepting cash as payment (unless absolutely essential) and we’ll be encouraging contactless payments.
- Please arrive on time for your booking, and let us know in good time if you are unable to make it so that others might be able to make use of the gym.
- Please arrive ready in your kit to work out as the locker rooms and showers will not be in use for the time being.
WE’RE GOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We have temporarily restricted the gym opening hours to ensure that we keep team and members safe. This means that we can also increase the level of cleaning and can run a full deep clean while the gym is shut. The opening hours for now will be 8am-8pm on weekdays and 8am-1pm on weekends.
- We’ll be temperature checking all team and members on arrival to ensure your safety.
- We’ll be cleaning and disinfecting our clubs more than ever with an enhanced two-stage cleaning process, using new Antiviral Disinfectant which is effective against Coronavirus COVID-19 to sanitise all gym equipment and will be cleaning the entire club overnight.
- We have a plastic shield at our reception desk to ensure minimal contact when you check in.
- We’ll be supplying individual spray bottles to each member on arrival, so members can clean down equipment before and after use.
- There will be multiple hand sanitising stations available throughout the club for members to use.
- Doors and windows will be fixed open where feasible and safe to ensure free flow of clean air throughout the building.
WE’RE CHANGING HOW OUR CLASSES WORK
- We’ll endeavour to have the class timetable available to book 48 hours prior to reopening. When you arrive, please check-in at reception.
- As you may expect, we’re reducing the number of people in our classes, and placing markers on the floor to help our members maintain a safe distance.
- We will initially be operating at a revised class timetable, ensuring we adhere to our updated health & safety measures and to ease any possible congestion in our studios. We will, however, be working towards a progressive expansion of classes, so please do keep checking our website, or contact us to check which classes are on each day.
- An increase in time between classes will ensure our studios are thoroughly cleaned – with extra attention paid to touchable surfaces, weights, props and bikes.
- We ask that you arrive no more than 15 minutes and no fewer than 5 minutes before your class begins.
- If you’re booked on to a class that requires a mat (such as yoga or pilates) please bring your own with you if you have one.
- We will have an extensive supply of top-grade sanitising wipes and solutions available inside and outside the studios
WE’RE MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES
- It’s really important that we all keep a safe distance at all times – including in classes. Where we can, we’ll implement a one-way system, with signs to show you which way to go
- We won’t open our sauna and steam room for the time being and the showers will not be in use.
- Please do follow signs, markings, and any guidance from our team, especially in tighter areas such as entrances, exits, and W.C.s.
LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER – WE NEED YOUR HELP
To make this work, we need to work together. Here’s how you can help:
- If you feel sick or experience Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t come to the club.
- Arrive dressed and ready to workout.
- Use our hand sanitising stations when you enter a new area (and again when you leave).
- Use our sanitising materials to clean your equipment before and after you use them, disposable paper towels will be available for your use.
- Don’t share equipment, and don’t move weights or benches to other parts of the club.
- Shower at home after you work out.
- Don’t bring a personal sweat towel to the gym, there will be plenty of paper towels available to use.
- Bring a full water bottle. Our water fountains will be available to only fill bottles, not for face-to-tap drinking.
- We’re cashless, (but will accept cash if absolutely necessary) so bring a debit or credit card if you’d like to buy something.
- It’s unlikely the club will become full. But if it does, we might need you to wait before you enter the gym floor (and stick to safe distancing guidelines).
- Exercise for only an hour — that way, every member gets the chance to use our facilities
- We’re making sure everyone is well before they come to work, with comprehensive health checks before the start of every shift.
- All of our team members are trained on safe distancing and enhanced hygiene procedures.
- PPE is always available for all team members (and members – should you wish to use it), and we are asking all team to wear masks, gloves and aprons while cleaning.
WE’RE UNFREEZING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
All payments were frozen free of charge when we closed. As of 1st August, all memberships will become live and as a thank you for your support during this time, all members are welcome to come back and use the gym in July without charge.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO COME BACK YET?
Whenever you’re ready, we’ll be there to make your return as straightforward as possible. If you’re not ready to restart your membership yet – that’s no problem, just let us know here. If you have requested to cancel or freeze your membership within the last two weeks, then this will have been actioned.
After these months of hibernation, we must confess to being extremely excited to see you all. We’re getting pretty busy now, checking checklists, bringing the team back together, doing safety training.
More than anything, though, we’ve missed the club full of you, our members and we’ve missed our team.
We’ll be here with big smiles whenever you feel ready to return and we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Thanks for your patience and support.